CCTV for abattoirs and slaughterhouses
Abattoirs and slaughterhouses are subject to a lot of scrutiny from industry regulators. To ensure standards are maintained suppliers and governing bodies are asking abattoir owners to install CCTV systems at their premises.
DSW provide specialist CCTV for abattoirs and regularly work with abattoir owners installing and maintaining CCTV systems that ensure their businesses meet the necessary standards.
Whether it's Full HD CCTV or a conventional digital CCTV system our team will work with you to design, install and support a CCTV system that's right for your business.
Ministers are considering making CCTV compulsory in slaughterhouses in England, Scotland and Wales to help enforce laws against animal cruelty...
The FSA paper says: "Defra ministers are currently considering their position with regard to mandatory installation of CCTV by businesses and introduction of other measures to improve animal welfare standards in slaughterhouses.
- A recent article from the Guardian
Specialist CCTV systems for slaughterhouses
CCTV systems for use in abattoirs need to be designed to meet industry standards and to meet the demands of the environment in which they will be used.
- High definition images in key areas
- Remote monitoring by officials, vets and regulators
- Long retention of recorded images (1 - 6 months)
- Footage that can be easily backed up when requested
- Regular maintenance by professional engineers
- Staff trained to monitor and review the system on a daily basis
- Specialist cameras to withstand harsh environments and cleaning chemicals
- Robust and sturdy equipment
A CCTV system from DSW consists of tried and tested professional quality equipment and is backed by the experience and expertise of our team. We ensure that every system we install meets all of the necessary guidelines and that our installation service is backed up by maintenance, training and ongoing support.